What does your coffee say about you?

Tinkerbell

What does your coffee say about you?

Post by Tinkerbell »

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... 29815.html

There was me thinking that I just liked an Americano because I don't drink milk and prefer a slightly longer drink...My sister goes for the instant coffee when she stays with me as she can't stand waiting for the coffee machine to work in the morning (or perhaps for me to get up and work it...) I wouldn't say that was laid-back, although perhaps lazy :D

So, how do you like yours?
chaggle

Re: What does your coffee say about you?

Post by chaggle »

As long as my coffee is tea I don't really mind.
Don't blame me - I voted remain :con
DrS

Post by DrS »

I'm a cortado ... espresso with dash of hot milk ... seems I don't have a "personality" ... :-?
Asthmatic Camel

Post by Asthmatic Camel »

Irish coffee for me or sometimes an espresso with nothing in it. It's something I can certainly live without.
smudge

Post by smudge »

Black.
No nonsense!
Tony Williams

Post by Tony Williams »

Americano for me, almost always.
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Americano for me too, with a spot of milk.

When I was on holiday in France a couple of months ago, I asked the barman for an Americano with a small helping of milk. Have I already told this one?? Anyway, he looked at me in a slightly strange way as I walked off to a meeting. A few minutes later he appeared with a long pink-coloured drink with a straw and ice cubes, and a small milk jug. A second or two later the lady proprietor came and asked if I'd meant to order an "Americano coffee" as in that hotel an Americano is a cocktail of Campari, vermouth, ice and soda. She offered to replace the cocktail, but I felt I had to decline her kind offer. Needless to say, I didn't add any of the milk.
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

bindeweede wrote:Americano for me too, with a spot of milk.

When I was on holiday in France a couple of months ago, I asked the barman for an Americano with a small helping of milk. Have I already told this one?? Anyway, he looked at me in a slightly strange way as I walked off to a meeting. A few minutes later he appeared with a long pink-coloured drink with a straw and ice cubes, and a small milk jug. A second or two later the lady proprietor came and asked if I'd meant to order an "Americano coffee" as in that hotel an Americano is a cocktail of Campari, vermouth, ice and soda. She offered to replace the cocktail, but I felt I had to decline her kind offer. Needless to say, I didn't add any of the milk.
Was this in the morning? :shock:
panama

Post by panama »

Very strong very black
bindeweede
Site Admin

Post by bindeweede »

Tink, you are awful...... :y . No, after the evening meal - about 8.30pm.
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

Sorry to spoil a nice 'Sunday' thread - but has anybody ever heard of this? Wish I hadn't :(
From PETA:
Kopi luwak, or civet coffee, is made from the beans of coffee berries that have been eaten and then excreted by civets. What's even more disgusting, though, is the way that animals are treated to produce this vile product. In Indonesia, civets are caught in the wild and kept in tiny, barren cages; made to eat a nutritionally deficient diet of only coffee berries, which can make them ill; and deprived of everything essential to their well-being, which often drives them insane.
And in the Guardian:
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle ... t-the-crap
How horrible. And it's the most expensive coffee in the world :-o . Maybe it's trendy in London (or Croydon...?)
Asthmatic Camel

Post by Asthmatic Camel »

Yes, I've heard of that before, Tink; I don't think I'll indulge.

Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is one of the most expensive brands. My wife brought me a sack of it back when she'd been visiting relatives over there. Sort of a nice, mellow, breakfast coffee but not worth the £120 it would cost you to buy it here.

Croydon13013

Post by Croydon13013 »

Tinkerbell wrote: Maybe it's trendy in London (or Croydon...?)
Don't look at me! I've never seen it, let alone drunk the stuff. I'm going to extend my definition of "vegetarian" to include not eating the shit of animals.
thIS sIGnaTure iS an
Zep

Post by Zep »

I like my coffee to look like this:

Ketchup

Post by Ketchup »

I don't think Irish Coffee is included in that there survey.

Here's how I like my coffee to look .... (not so sure about the dodgy looking green stuff on top though :sh ... looks like the cream's gone mouldy ... or it could be just a sprinkling of shamrock )

~ Today is the Tomorrow you worried about Yesterday ~